INTERVIEW: TEN MINUTES WITH MULTIMEDIA ARTIST – MARGOT BOWMAN
1. If you were an artwork, what would you be?
Matisse, “The Dance”.
2. Outside of your family who has had the biggest impact on you?
3. Which song on your iPod makes you feel like you can take on the world?
Rihanna – Sex with me OR Celestial Choir – Stand on the Word (Larry levan mix) which I actually want them to play at my non-religious funeral.
4. When was the last time your heart skipped a beat?
Brexit, but in an “o-fuck-it’s-real” way.
5. If you were to do a TED talk what would it be about?
Living as human being in a digital world.
6. My alter-ego profession would be…
7. £14.20 left in your bank account, what do you spend it on?
Ice cream for all my mates.
8. What is the most treasured object in your own home?
The people I share it with.
9. Which book or film was a game changer in your way of thinking?
“Citizenfour” – A documentary by Laura Poitras, “Clothes, Clothes, Clothes. Music, Music, Music” by Viv Albertine, ” I Love Dick” by Chris Kraus.
10. Where’s your favourite place of calm to gather your thoughts?
London Fields Lido.