Job Description: DESIGN INTERN at Studio Ashby
What we’re looking for:
- A highly organised person with a passion for design
- Ambitious with positive outlook and professional approach
- Enthusiasm and ability to show initiative
- Creative flair and ability to think conceptually
- Thorough with keen eye for detail
- Confident with administrative aspects of design
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work within a small company
The ideal candidate must have:
- A BA course in Interior Architecture / Interior Design (currently in/recent graduate)
- Proficient use of Mac; Microsoft Office, Excel, Photoshop, InDesign
- Strong 2D & 3D skills in CAD (Vector Works preferred, including Sketch up)
- Strong interest in both Interior Architecture and FF&E
- Good understanding of spatial planning
- Good knowledge of interior finishes, details and suppliers
- Strong design and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and assist all team members
- Capability to collaborate and eager to learn
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
The role will include:
- Assisting designers throughout various project stages, from concept development to completion
- Drawing plans, elevations and creating visuals
- Updating documents, minutes and schedules
- Assisting with creation and delivery of presentation
- Sourcing and procurement of FF&E and soft furnishing samples and items
- Assisting with general day-to day studio tasks
Who are we?
Studio Ashby is a London-based interior design studio, founded by Sophie Ashby in 2014. We are a dynamic group of twelve experienced designers, working across residential and commercial interior design and creative direction in the UK, Europe and further afield. We pride ourselves on our positive, professional and personal approach in all that we do. We work efficiently and collaboratively to bring integrity and soul to interior life.
What do we do?
Our mission is to create habitable spaces with identity. Whether it’s a home, a restaurant, a hotel or a commercial development, we apply the same creative approach that starts with envisioning the lives of the people who will inhabit it. We question what inspires them, what moves them and how we can fulfil their desires and support their needs with our design. Art plays a central role in our inspiration and process. Stemming from Sophie’s own passion and training in art history, we believe art has a vital place in every interior and no space feels complete without it.
Together with interior design we also provide creative direction. This allows us to create immersive experiences in the environments we design, ensuring the character and style of our clients is felt in substance across all details and touch points. Our creative direction includes many aspects that affect how we experience our environments: from art consultancy and buying to bespoke collaborations, books to uniforms, planting to fragrance. With greater consideration to the many layers that make up our interior world, the deeper the connection we have to it in response.
Relationships are core to all that we do: relationships with our clients, our customers, our suppliers, manufacturers and the many craftspeople and ateliers we work closely with. Our work is a collaborative process involving many different people, and strong relationships are crucial for achieving good results. We believe design should be a positive experience and it’s important to have fun along the way.
If you think that your skills, experience, and personality make you well suited to this role we’d love to hear from you.
Please submit your covering letter, CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org