Job Description: Senior Interior Designer / Project Lead
Reporting to the Directors and Associates, you will provide Interior Architecture and FF&E design direction and delivery across multiple UK and International projects.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who demonstrates, through every aspect of who they are, a passionate love of design, art and beauty.
- Someone who will work alongside the Directors and Associates of Studio Ashby at the highest level to lead multiple and varied IA and FF&E projects, with the assistance of more junior members of the team.
- A confident, loyal, trustworthy, dynamic, charming person who can hold their own with clients, project consultant teams, suppliers, contractors, and fabricators.
- Someone unafraid to take responsibility, ensuring Studio Ashby deliver a seamless service to our clients.
- Good project leadership skills, including the ability to mentor more junior members of the team.
- Someone with a proactive nature, great instincts, open to feedback, with boundless amounts of positive energy.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A degree or equivalent in Interior Design/Interior Architecture.
- At least 6-7 years post-graduate experience with a minimum of 4 years in the luxury residential sector.
- Full proficiency using Vectorworks, Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Suite.
- A strong background in Interior Architecture, a high standard of technical ability and broad knowledge of materiality.
- A passion for FF&E with vast knowledge of suppliers, product and specialist finishes. Experience in procurement would be a plus but is not essential.
- Experience working on all aspects of projects, through all stages of work, from concept to completion.
- An understanding of project programs and deadlines.
- Financial understanding of project costs and budget awareness.
- An exceptional eye for scale and balance, detail and colour.
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written. They must be fluent in spoken and written English.
The role broken down:
- Together with the Directors and Associates, lead the creative and conceptual stages of the projects.
- Drive and inspire the design team, bring new ideas, helping to source new furniture, antiques and art and bring original and fresh thoughts to the studio.
- Design and develop beautiful bespoke furniture, including case pieces, upholstery, lighting and joinery.
- Present and sell concepts and design solutions to our Clients.
Design + Project Management
- Provide strong project leadership and seamless service to our clients, with exceptional communication throughout.
- Deliver confident, experienced and skilled space planning, applying knowledge of the planning process and building regulations where applicable.
- Attend regular internal and external design team meetings and assist the designers on the conceptual and technical side of the design process.
- Produce all delivery drawings and specifications to a design intent package level.
- Coordinate and oversee the project’s documentation, ensuring comments and revisions are always up to date.
- Develop detailed specifications.
- Support the Senior Management team in producing detailed project timelines with internal milestones. Provide regular and timely updates and progress reports to the Directors and/or Associates.
- Manage and check information produced by consultants, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Respond effectively to complex questions and troubleshoot problems, whilst working and switching between various projects.
- Apply strategic thinking to projects. Forecast, identify, and communicate risks and brings ideas and solutions to the table.
- Close projects efficiently- support the project team on rectifying snags and wrapping up projects us as quickly as possible.
Support the Senior Management team by;
- Contributing to setting the internal design standards and guidelines, ensure they are implemented by the team.
- Streamlining processes and procedures to increase quality and efficiency.
- Monitoring the project team’s output, report back to Senior Management in a constructive manner, highlighting successes and failures.
Oversee and Support Middleweight and Junior Designers across various projects by;
- Mentoring, providing help and guidance on any design-based queries.
- Redlining corrections, teaching the approved process, and ensuring procedures are followed.
- Drive and constantly work towards improving the company and our staff’s work experience, growth and studio culture.
- Encourage and promote team spirit and motivation.
Who we are
Studio Ashby is a London-based interior design studio, founded by Sophie Ashby in 2014.
We are a dynamic group of twelve experienced designers, working across residential and commercial interior design, architecture and creative direction in the UK, Europe and further afield. We pride ourselves on our positive, professional, and personal approach in all that we do. We work efficiently and collaboratively to bring integrity and soul to interior life.
HOW TO APPLY
If you think that your skills, experience, and personality make you well suited to this role we’d love to hear from you.
Please submit a CV, covering letter and portfolio in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Senior Interior Designer’.
The deadline to apply is Friday 29th April.