Job Description: Showroom & Studio Assistant
Through the governments Kickstarter scheme, we’re looking to recruit our first Showroom & Studio Assistant. The role will be split between Studio Ashby and our shoppable world, Sister.
- You must be aged 16-24 years old and currently receiving Universal Credit.
- This role will be paid the London Living Wage.
- This is a 25 hour a week minimum role, with a maximum of 40 hours.
- As a member of United in Design, we’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We particularly encourage applications from disable and ethnic minority candidates.
- We would like the successful candidate to start by December 2021.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A highly organised person with a passion for interior design
- Ambitious, with a positive outlook and professional approach
- Enthusiasm and ability to show initiative
- Thorough with a keen eye for detail
- Confident with administrative tasks
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to work within a small team
- Previous experience within a retail environment with products requiring specialist knowledge is preferable but not essential
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE
- Proficient use of Mac and Microsoft Office
- InDesign and Photoshop skills are an important part of the role, therefore proficiency or a willingness to learn is essential
- Strong communication skills
- A collaborative, team spirit
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Capacity to learn about and sell products requiring specialist knowledge
- Communicating with customers and clients in a warm and friendly manner
- Answering customer queries via email and telephone
- Picking and packing online & in-store orders
- Assisting the Head of Brand & Marketing with photoshoots and any adhoc tasks
- Uploading new products onto the website and assisting with social channels
- Ensuring the showroom and shop floor is immaculate at all times and visual merchandising standards are maintained
- Managing deliveries and stock inventory with precision
- Assisting the Studio Manager with general day-to day studio tasks
- On hand to assist the design team which include but is not limited to;
- Drawing plans, elevations and creating visuals
- Updating documents, minutes and schedules
- Assisting with creation and delivery of presentation
- Sourcing and procurement of FF&E and soft furnishing samples and items
WHO WE ARE
Studio Ashby is a London-based interior design studio, founded by Sophie Ashby in 2014.
We are a dynamic group of twelve experienced designers, working across residential and commercial interior design, architecture and creative direction in the UK, Europe and further afield. We pride ourselves on our positive, professional, and personal approach in all that we do. We work efficiently and collaboratively to bring integrity and soul to interior life.
Due to the nature of the highly bespoke interior design service provided, the Studio Ashby aesthetic has only been available to the few who have the means and time to commission a full interior renovation. However, in October 2020, Sophie Ashby and her team felt this was the perfect moment to create a sister brand selling beautifully curated and crafted household products. Sister is a chance to have fun and be playful with interiors, furniture, and objects, allowing fans to have a little slice of Studio Ashby in their home.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter letting us know why you think you would be a great fit for this role.
Please use the email subject Showroom & Studio Assistant and send all documents in PDF format.
Sadly we can’t give feedback to all applicants, and you will only be contacted should you be successful in being invited to interview.