INTERVIEW: TEN MINUTES WITH ACTRESS GABRIELLA WILDE
1. If you were an artwork what would you be?
It might change every day but today it’s “A bigger Splash” by David Hockney.
2. Outside of your family who has had the biggest impact on you?
My friends. My closest friends are women who are wonderfully talented. funny, creative and loyal and they are constant support.
3.Which song on your iPod makes you feel like you can take on the world?
The Smiths – How soon is now.
4.When was the last time your heart skipped a beat?
When my son Shiloh was born three months ago.
5. If you were to do a TED talk what would it be about?
The many faces of motherhood.
6. My alter-ego profession would be…
6. £14.20 left in your bank account. What would you spend it on?
8. What is the most treasured object in your own home?
My bed. It’s 9ft wide and I miss it when I’m away.
9. Which book or film was a game changer in your way of thinking?
The “Continuum Concept” , it changed my perspective on a lot.
10. Where’s your favourite place of calm to gather your thoughts?
Either in the bath or in the woods. Ideally a bath in the woods.
Gabriella Wilde is the stage name of Gabriella Zanna Vanessa Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, a British actress and model. She was born in Basingstoke, Hampshire, attended Heathfield St Mary’s School in Berkshire and St Swithun’s School in Winchester. Gabriella studied fine art at the City and Guilds of London Art School before she started pursuing her acting career. In December 2009 she made her debut in the adventure comedy “lm St Trinian’s”, followed by her first major film role in 2011 starring in the latest adaptation of “The Three Musketeers”. She is best known for her role of Caroline Penvenen in the period drama “Poldark”. Gabriella is married to musician Alan Pownal. The couple live in Somerset with their two sons Sasha Blue and Shiloh Silva.